kona-x : the Kona experience
Go on a holiday. Come back with a lifestyle.
Spend 5.5 days with us living a body-centred, grounded and nourishing lifestyle, moving, playing and exploring on the beautiful island of Kona, Hawaii. Each day will be movement-centric with immersive, physical experiences that show you a greater potential for what is possible with your body and your lifestyle.
This will be like a holiday. But not. A holiday that leaves you with a changed lifestyle. A holiday where you haven’t just gone away and reinforced habits that don’t serve you, but rather, you’ve cultivated practices and knowledge of yourself that you can bring back to your life.
This is a holiday that allows you to break through. Not just there, but back here at home too.
- 5 days of movement, breathing, education and tropical island experiences with Ross and Joelle Blake of Align Health (see attached draft itinerary)
- 1 x 60min KaHuna massage with our resident practitioner, Deb Namara
- Post-movement, island-style hydration
- Stand Up Paddle play session
- Group yoga class @ Banyan Tree Sanctuary with on-island yogi, LaRen Kristen
- Transport assistance for selected journeys
- Airport pick up and drop off (for those not renting their own vehicles)
- Kona-Connect welcome pack - a few goodies to help you get into the swing of things
- Resource packet including all frameworks and notes you need for the experience
- KONA-X 2017 merchandise
- Free time to play and explore
- A group of like, open-minded folks to connect, move and KONA-X with
Before you go:
- A 60min appointment with Ross and individually tailored prep program to maximise your on-island experience.
$1395* paid upfront; OR $395 deposit** + 2 x $550 payments
The main part of KONA-X is 5 days, with the 14th just being a sunset welcome, really, and the bulk of the experience beginning 15th Nov. On the morning of the 20th we're planning a simple (optional) closing meditation.
[To allow for fatigue we would probably recommend coming in on the 13th at the very latest though...]
Jetstar have great deals to on Syd-Honolulu… at the time of writing, flights are available now for $690 AUD return. In all the years we've been flying to Kona, we've flown various carriers, and Jetstar has actually (maybe surprisingly) been the best!
From Honolulu, you just need an inter-island flight to Kailua Kona.
We will provide some travel assistance in the form of a minivan to and from some movement experiences, and airport pick up and drop off. While not absolutely essential, we would recommend hiring a car if you're interested in exploring in your downtime, or before or after KONA-X. [We generally go through AVIS (who are also attached to Qantas Frequent Flyers.)]
Home base will be the Kona Isle Condominiums, on Ali'i drive. We're recommending everyone stay there so we're all in the same place - we'll be starting some sessions from there and our home-based dinners and sunsets will be there.
You'll see that condos there start from $75 USD/night. There are variations in numbers of bedrooms (if you want to share with someone), ocean front, ground floor, upstairs etc to suit everyone!
These are all fully self contained units (to our knowledge) with full cooking facilities etc. When we go to Kona, we generally cook from home. The produce you can get at farmer’s markets, whole foods store and foraging is too good not to! This makes the trip more affordable too!
We'll provide you with an on-island guide to whole food stores, fresh fruit and veggie markets, as well as supermarkets. A "what's where and how to get there”.
[Of course there are lots of places to eat in Kona for those not so culinarily inclined.]
If Kona Isle doesn’t float your boat, or if you can’t find accommodation to suit, get in touch with us.
How long do you have to decide?
There are limited spots available. The intent of KONA-X is to keep it social, fun, somewhat intimate. This allows us to still attend to individual needs during the group experiences. So, it's "first in, best dressed". To secure your spot, you need to pay a deposit or the full KONA-X registration.
Still on the fence?
Talk to us. Let us know any concerns or queries you may have about Kona-X, or more specifically, your Kona Experience. Call me (Joelle- 0434 623 820) or contact us and I'll do my best to address your questions.
* Amount is refundable minus $200 fee for cancellations on or before 15/8/2017. Cancellations after 15/8/2017 forfeit full amount. Transfers ok. price excl. GST.
** Non-refundable, balance due 4 October, 2017, all prices excl. GST.